Monday, March 4, 2013

Love A Gift From God for couples




Jesus Is Born in Bethlehem
Matthew 1:18 – 25
Where are the facts concerning the birth of Jesus Christ: his mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph. But while she was still a virgin she became pregnant by the Holy Spirit. Then Joseph, her fiancé, being a man of stern principal, decided to break the engagement but to do it quietly, as he didn't want to publicly disgrace her.
As he lay awake considering this, he fell into a dream, and saw an angel standing beside him. “Joseph, son of David,” the angel said, “don't hesitate to take Mary as your wife! For the child within her has been conceived by the Holy Spirit. And she will have a Son, and you shall name him Jesus (meaning ‘Savior’), for he will save his people from their sins. This will fulfill God's message through his prophets-
Listen! The virgin shall conceive a child! She shall give birth to a Son, and he shall be called “Emmanuel” (meaning “God is with us”).
When Joseph awoke, he did as the angel commanded, and brought Mary to be his wife, but she remained a virgin until her son was born; and Joseph named him “Jesus.”

Paul’s Longing to Visit Rome
Romans 1:8-15
8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world. 9 God, whom I serve in my spirit in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you 10 in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God’s will the way may be opened for me to come to you.
11 I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong— 12 that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith. 13 I do not want you to be unaware, brothers and sisters, that I planned many times to come to you (but have been prevented from doing so until now) in order that I might have a harvest among you, just as I have had among the other Gentiles.
14 I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish. 15 That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are in Rome.

Proverbs 1:7 – 9
How does a man become wise? The first step is to trust and reverence the Lord. Only fools refuse to be taught. Listen to your father and mother. What you learn from them will stand you in good stead; it will gain you many honors.

Highlighted Verse
11 I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong— 12 that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith. Romans 1:11 – 12

 
Summary
A common theme in situation comedies on television is for a husband or wife to come home after a bad day at work and begin to take his or her frustrations out on the other member of the family. Over the course of the next 30 minutes everyone becomes angry at the person who started the whole thing until something happens and make them all realize how silly they've been. Right before the credits roll it down they vow never to fight again – a promised that last until the following week or until the show is canceled, whichever comes first.
Although Paul was writing to the Christians in Rome, his words ring true in the lives of couples today. Encouraging your spouse is one of the greatest privileges of married life. If your husband or wife is going through a difficult time, regardless of the circumstances, be spiritual blessing by listening to his or her problems and praying together until God resolves the situation.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, guide us in our adventure of spiritual openness with one another. Give us the words to say that will encourage each of us to live according to your promises and your divine will. Let each of us be a blessing to the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment